The Louisiana Department of Insurance has prepared this brochure that explains about the different types of Homeowners, Hazard, Flood insurance. What to do if you have a question about insurance, a complaint and tips for reducing your premiums. It is important in Louisiana to know about insurance and know your costs before you buy.
Tips on Loss Prevention
There are steps you can take to help prevent loss and keep your rates as low as possible:
- Install smoke and heat detectors near sleeping areas.
- Keep your house free of trash piles, oily rags and combustible materials.
- Check lamps, cords and light switches to make sure there is no faulty wiring.
- Practice fire drills at home, and make sure all family members (especially children) know what to do in case of a fire.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children.
- Do not smoke in bed.
- Install adequate locks on the doors and windows of your home.
- When away from home, suspend delivery on your mail and newspapers or ask a friend or neighbor to collect them for you daily.
Further questions, I would be glad to help,