If you want to sell your home there are some things you can do to get started in preparing your home. You want to put your best foot forward in order to help buyer’s envision themselves living in your home. Remember they don’t want to do things the same way you have for the time you lived in the house, they want to make it theirs. Some of these items may require that you start packing and while it may be a bit inconvenient remember you are selling…So here is a list to get you started:
- Mow lawn if necessary;
- Clean up leaves, trim bushes, pick up leaves and sticks;
- Put garbage cans away and if possible out of view;
- Put away bicycles, gardening tools;
- Fix walkways if needed;
- Remove clutter, put things away, start to pack up personal items that can’t be put away. This means removing personal pictures, diplomas and momentoes.
- Replace all light bulbs;
- Wash windows;
- Vacuum carpets, clean hardwood floors;
- Empty waste baskets;
- Remove pet bowls;
- DO NOT LEAVE important mail on the desk or on the foyer table. Put papers in the desk or drawer so that your personal information is not visible to strangers coming through your house;
- Clear kitchen counters…
- Remove all of the magnets from the fridge;
- Put small appliances into counters if possible;
- Put all food containers on counters into cabinets;
- Do not leave any used dishes in the sink;
- Remove drying towels that are hanging under sink; remove kitchen towels hanging on stove;
Dining Room/ Den
- Put away magazines, newspapers.
- Straighten chairs in dining room;
- Neatly put remotes for the TV away;
- Clean, clean, clean.
- Clean floors, mirrors, interior of shower;
- Make sure towels are hanging neatly;
- Floor mats are clean;
- and please close the toilet seat.
If you want further advise please call me. I can visit your house prior to the listing and give you some helpful tips and advise in preparing your home. I am a Real Estate Stager…this is not the same as hiring someone to stage your property but it is training for real estate Brokers/agents to offer guidance pre – listing. We will use what you have in your home without additional expense to you to prepare your home…